How To Use Home Sharing Music On iPad Mini
Home Sharing lets you play music, movies, and TV shows from the iTunes library on your Mac or PC. iPad and your computer must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
Note: Home Sharing requires iTunes 10.2 or later, available at www.itunes.com/download. Bonus content, such as digital booklets and iTunes Extras, cant be shared.
- Play music from your computer iTunes library on iPad:
- In iTunes on your computer, go to Advanced > Turn On Home Sharing. Log in, and then click Create Home Share.
- On iPad, go to Settings > Music, then log in to Home Sharing using the same Apple ID and password.
- In Music, tap More, then tap Shared and choose your computers library.
- Return to content on iPad: Tap Shared and choose My iPad.
Note: This article will work on all iPads using iOS 6; including iPad Mini, iPad 2, The New iPad (iPad 3), iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display).