How To Use Home Screen - Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Learn how to use Home Screen on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S. The Home screen is the starting point for accessing all of the devices features. The Home screen has two different kinds of panels.
- The Classic Home screen panel displays widgets, shortcuts to apps, and more, and the Content Home screen panel displays Content widgets.
Widgets are small apps that launch specific app functions to provide information and convenient access on your Home screen.
- To view other panels, scroll left or right, or tap one of the screen indicators at the bottom of the screen.
- App Shortcuts: Shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
- Apps Screen: Allows quick access to all of the Applications available.
- Home Screen Indicator: Indicates which Home screen is presently displayed.
- Status Bar: Display device status icons (right) and notification icons (left).
- Notifications Icons: Displays new messages and emails, notifications, available software updates, and so on.
- Status Icons: Display information about the device, such as the network signal strength, battery level, the time, and so on.
- Widgets: Self-contained onscreen applications (not shortcuts). These can be placed onto any of the available screens (Home or extended).
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab S's; including Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.