How To Use Gear Manager Settings - Samsung Galaxy Gear
Learn how to use Gear Manager Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Gear. The setting parameters listed on this menu page are not the complete set available for configuration from within the Galaxy Gear. These settings focus on how the Galaxy Gear interacts with your target smartphone.
From within your smartphones Applications page, tap Gear Manager >Settings. Configure an available on-screen setting.
- Auto lock: when activated, allow you it use your Galaxy Gear to unlock your paired smartphone.
- Notification: when activated, allows you to select which Notification events are displayed on the Galaxy Gear.
- Tap the Notifications field and then place a check mark alongside those notification events you would like to be displayed on the smartphone.
- Double pressing power key: allows you to select the application that will launch when you double-press the Power key.
- Smart relay: when activated, allows you to go from seeing content on your Galaxy Gear to then viewing it on your paired smartphone once you pick it up.
- Wake-up gesture: when activated, this feature allows you to wake up the Galaxy Gear by simply raising the arm your Gear is on.
- Open source licence: displays the current licensing information.
- To activate the notification features:
Stay up-to-date with a variety of events, such as missed calls or new chats, from the connected smartphone.
- From within your smartphones Applications page, tap Gear Manager > Settings icon.
- In a single motion touch and slide the Notification slider to the right to turn it on .
- To change the notification settings, place a check mark alongside those notification events you would like to be displayed on the smartphone.
To activate the Smart Relay features:
Use this feature to view new messages, events, and other information when you receive notifications. When you receive a notification, pick up the connected mobile device with the hand wearing the Galaxy Gear. Then, unlock the mobile device to view the details.
Note: Before using this feature, make sure the motion feature of the mobile device is activated.
- From within your smartphones Applications page, tap (Gear Manager > Settings.
- In a single motion touch and slide the Smart relay slider to the right to turn it on .