How To Use Game Center On iPad Mini
Game Center lets you play your favorite games with friends who have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a Mac with OS X Mountain Lion. You must be connected to the Internet to use Game Center.
- Sign in: Open Game Center. If you see your nickname and photo at the top of the Me screen, youre already signed in. If not, enter your Apple ID and password, and then tap Sign In. You can use the same Apple ID you use for iCloud or Store purchases, or tap Create New Account if you want a separate Apple ID for gaming.
- Purchase a game: Tap Games, then tap a recommended game or tap Find Game Center Games.
- Play a game: Tap Games, choose a game, and then tap Play Game.
- Return to Game Center after playing: Press the Home button, and then tap Game Center on the Home screen.
- Sign out: Tap Me, tap the Account banner, and then tap Sign Out. You dont need to sign out each time you quit Game Center.
How to play with friends on iPad
- Invite friends to a multiplayer game: Tap Friends, choose a friend, choose a game, and then tap Play. If the game allows or requires additional players, choose additional players to invite, and then tap Next. Send your invitation, and then wait for the others to accept. When everyone is ready, start the game. If a friend isnt available or doesnt respond to your invitation, you can tap Auto-Match to have Game Center find another player for you, or tap Invite Friend to try inviting some other friend.
- Send a friend request: Tap Friends or Requests, tap Add Friends, and then enter your friends email address or Game Center nickname. To browse your contacts, tap + add icon. To add several friends in one request, type Return after each address.
- Challenge someone to outdo you: Tap one of your scores or achievements, and then tap Challenge Friends.
- See the games a friend plays and check your friends scores: Tap Friends, tap your friends name, and then tap Games or Points.
- Purchase a game your friend has: Tap Friends, then tap the name of your friend. Tap the game in your friends list of games, and then tap the price at the top of the screen.
- See a list of a friends friends: Tap Friends, tap the friends name, and then tap Friends just below their picture.
- Remove a friend: Tap Friends, tap a name, and then tap Unfriend.
- Keep your email address private: Turn off Public Profile in your Game Center account settings. See Game Center settings on iPad below.
- Disable multiplayer activity or friend requests: Go to Settings > General > Restrictions and turn off Multiplayer Games or Adding Friends. If the switches are disabled, tap Enable Restrictions (at the top) first.
- Report offensive or inappropriate behavior: Tap Friends, tap the persons name, and then tap Report a Problem.
Game Center settings on iPad
Some Game Center settings are associated with the Apple ID you use to sign in. Others are in the Settings app on iPad.
- Change Game Center settings for your Apple ID: Sign in using your Apple ID, tap Me, tap the Account banner, then choose View Account.
- Specify which notifications you want for Game Center: Go to Settings > Notifications > Game Center. If Game Center doesnt appear, turn on Notifications.
- Change restrictions for Game Center: Go to Settings > General > Restrictions.
Note: This article will work on all iPads using iOS 6; including iPad Mini, iPad 2, The New iPad (iPad 3), iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display).