Find My Mobile allow your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to be locked and tracked, and for your data to be deleted remotely. You must sign up for both a Samsung account and Google account to use Remote controls.
Sign In To Your Samsung Account
- From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Security.
- Touch Remote controls. Read the information and touch OK to acknowledge the information.
- Touch Add account to create a Samsung account first, then a Google account.
- Touch Create new account to create a Samsung account.
- Touch Sign in, if you already have a Samsung account, enter your Email address and your Samsung account password, and touch Sign in.
- For more information about Samsung accounts, see "How to sign in to your Samsung Account on Samasung Galaxy Tab 2.
Enable or Disable Remote Controls on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Once you have signed in to your Samsung Account, you can enable or disable Remote controls.
- From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Security > Remote controls.
- Enter your Samsung account password in the pop-up Enter password field and touch Done. The Introduction to remote controls screen displays. Touch Do not show for 90 days to temporarily disable this screen.
- Touch OK. The Remote controls screen displays.
- Touch the OFF / ON icon in the upper right corner of the screen to turn Remote controls on or off.
- Touch Use wireless networks to enable location information using the wireless network.
SamsungDive Web Page
- To launch the SamsungDive web page:
- From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Security > SamsungDive web page.
- Touch the Help tab to display more information about Remote Controls.
This article will work on both Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.