How To Use Display Settings – LG G3
Learn how to customize display settings on your LG G3. You can change home screen, lock screen, font, brightness, tv, daydream settings etc.
- Select Home Set Home or EasyHome as default home.
- Smart Bulletin Tap the Smart Bulletin switch to toggle it On or Off. It includes an additional Home screen showing customized information. Checkmark LG Health, or Smart Tips.
- Theme Sets the screen theme for your device. You can download it from LG SmartWorld. For more info, see LG SmartWorld
- Wallpaper Sets the wallpaper to use on your Home screen. Select it from Gallery, Live Wallpapers, Multi-photo, Photos or Wallpaper gallery. For more info, see Set Picture As Wallpaper.
- Screen swipe effect Sets the effect when you swipe to change screens. Choose from Domino, Breeze, Accordion, Panorama, Carousel, Layer, or Slide.
- Allow Home screen looping Checkmark to allow continuous Home screen scrolling (loop back to first screen after last screen).
- Home backup & restore Set to backup and restore Home app layout and wallpaper.
- Select screen lock Set a screen lock type to secure your phone. Opens a set of screens that guide you through drawing a screen unlock pattern. Set None, Swipe, Face Unlock, Knock Code, Pattern, PIN or Password.
- If you have enabled a Pattern lock type when you turn on your phone or wake up the screen, you will be asked to draw your unlock pattern to unlock the screen.
- Screen swipe effect Sets the screen swipe effect options. Choose from Ripple, Dewdrop, White hole, Particle, and Crystal.
Note: This setting name may be Pattern effect if the Screen lock is set to Pattern.
- Wallpaper Sets your Lock screen wallpaper. Select it from Gallery or Wallpaper gallery. For more info, see Set Picture As Wallpaper.
- Missed calls & new messages Checkmark to show notifications of missed calls and new messages on Lock screen.
- Shortcuts Allows you to change the shortcuts on the Swipe Lock screen.
- Weather animation Checkmark to show weather animation for current location on lock screen.
- Contact info for lost phone Checkmark to set the device owners name to be displayed on the Lock screen. Tap Settings icon to enter the text to be displayed as the Owner info.
- Lock timer Sets the amount of time before the screen automatically locks after the screen has timed-out.
- Power button instantly locks Checkmark to instantly lock the screen when the Power/Lock Key is pressed. This setting overrides the Security lock timer setting.
Set the Home Touch Keys displayed at the bottom of all of the screens. Set which ones are displayed, their position on the bar, and what they look like. Select the keys and order, the theme, and the background.
- Font type Sets the type of font used for the phone and menus.
- Font size Sets the size of the font displayed in the phone and menus.
Other Screen Settings
- Brightness Adjusts the brightness of the screen. For best battery performance, use the dimmest comfortable brightness.
- Notification LED Tap the switch to toggle it On or Off. On will activate the LED light for the notifications you select, in the color you set for each one.
- Auto-rotate screen Checkmark to set the phone to automatically rotate the screen based on the phone orientation (portrait or landscape).
- Screen timeout Sets the amount of time before the screen times out.
- Smart Screen Checkmark to allow the screen to stay on when phone detects your face.
- Screen-off effect Sets the screen-off effect. Choose from Fade out, Black hole, and Retro TV.
- Daydream Tap the Daydream switch to toggle it On or Off. On allows the set screensaver to be displayed when the phone is sleeping while docked and/or charging. Choose from Clock and Google Photos.