How To Use Credential Storage - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Learn how to use credential storage on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. If a certificate authority (CA) certificate gets compromised or for some other reason you do not trust it, you can disable or remove it.
- From the Settings screen, touch General > Security.
- Touch Storage type to set a storage type for credential contents.
- Touch Trusted credentials. The trusted credentials screen has two tabs:
- System: Displays CA certificates that are permanently installedin the ROM of your device.
- User: Displays any CA certificates that you installed, forexample, in the process of installing a client certificate.
- Touch a CA certificate to examine its details. A scrolling screen displays the details. Scroll to the bottom of the details screen and touch Turn off to disable a System certificate.
Note: When you disable a system CA certificate, the Turn off button changes to Turn on, so you can enable the certificate again, if necessary. Touch OK to return to the certificate list.
- Touch Install from phone storage, then choose a certificate and follow the prompts to install encrypted certificates stored on the USB storage.
Note: You must have installed a memory card containing encrypted certificates to use this feature.
- Touch Clear credentials to erase the credential contents from the device and reset the password.
Note: This setting only appears if you have installed encrypted certificates.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.