How To Use Contacts On iPad Mini
iPad lets you easily access and edit your contact lists from personal, business, and organizational accounts.
- Set your My Info card: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap My Info and select the contact card with your name and information. The My Info card is used by Siri and other apps. Use the related persons fields to define relationships you want Siri to know about, so you can say things like find my sister.
- Search contacts: Tap the search field at the top of the contact list and enter your search. You can also search your contacts from the Home screen. See How to use searching.
- Share a contact: Tap a contact, and then tap Share Contact. You can send the contact info by email or message.
- Add a contact: Tap + icon. You cant add contacts to a directory youre only viewing, such as a Microsoft Exchange Global Address List.
- Add a contact to your Favorites list: Choose a contact, then scroll down and tap the Add to Favorites button. The Favorites list is used by Do Not Disturb. You can view and edit your Favorites list in the FaceTime app.
- Delete a contact: Choose a contact, than tap Edit. Scroll down and tap Delete Contact.
- Edit a contact: Choose a contact, and then tap Edit. You can:
- Add a new field: Tap + icon, then choose or enter a label for the field.
- Change a field label: Tap the label and choose a different one. To add a new field, tap Add Custom Label.
- Change the ringtone or text tone for the contact: Tap the ringtone or text tone field, and then choose a new sound. To change the default tone for contacts, go to Settings > Sounds.
- Assign a photo to the contact: Tap Add Photo. You can take a photo with the camera or use an existing photo.
- Update contact info using Twitter: Go to Settings > Twitter > Update Contacts. Contacts are matched using email addresses. For friends that youre following, their contact card is updated with their Twitter user name and photo.
- Update contact info using Facebook: Go to Settings > Facebook > Update Contacts. Contacts are matched using email addresses. For each match in your friend list, their contact card is updated with their Facebook user name and photo.
- Enter a pause in a telephone number: Tap options icon, and then tap Pause or Wait. Each pause lasts two seconds. Each wait stops dialing until you tap Dial again. Use these to automate dialing of an extension or passcode, for example, when using Contacts on iPhone.
How to add contacts on iPad
- You can add contacts in the following ways:
- Use your iCloud contacts: Go to Settings > iCloud, then turn on Contacts.
- Import your Facebook Friends: Go to Settings > Facebook, then turn on Contacts in the Allow These Apps to Use Your Accounts list. This creates a Facebook group in Contacts.
- Access a Microsoft Exchange Global Address List: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap your Exchange account and turn on Contacts.
- Set up an LDAP or CardDAV account to access business or school directories: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other. Then tap Add LDAP Account or Add CardDAV Account and enter the account information.
- Sync contacts from your computer, Yahoo!, or Google: In iTunes on your computer, turn on contact syncing in the device info pane.
- Import contacts from a vCard: Tap a .vcf attachment in an email or message, or on a webpage.
- Search a GAL, CardDAV, or LDAP server: Tap Groups, tap the directory you want to search, and then enter your search.
- Save contact information from a GAL, LDAP, or CardDAV server: Search for the contact you want to add, then tap Add Contact.
- Show or hide a group: Tap Groups, then select the groups you want to see. This button only appears if you have more than one source of contacts.
When you have contacts from multiple sources, you might have multiple entries for the same person. To keep redundant contacts from appearing in the All Contacts list, contacts from different sources that have the same name are linked and displayed as a single unified contact. When you view a unified contact, the title Unified Info appears at the top of the screen.
- Link a contact: Edit a contact, tap Edit, then tap + icon and choose a contact. Linked contacts arent merged. If you change or add information in a unified contact, the changes are copied to each source account where that information already exists.
If you link contacts with different first or last names, the names on the individual cards wont change, but only one name appears on the unified card. To choose which name appears when you view the unified card, tap the linked card with the name you prefer, and then tap Use This Name For Unified Card.
- View contact information from a source account: Tap one of the source accounts.
- Unlink a contact: Tap Edit, tap red color minus icon, then tap Unlink.
Contacts settings on iPad
- To change Contacts settings, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Available options let you:
- Change how contacts are sorted
- Display contacts by first or last name
- Set a default account for new contacts
- Set your My Info card
Note: This article will work on all iPads using iOS 6; including iPad Mini, iPad 2, The New iPad (iPad 3), iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display).