How To Use Bookmarks On Samsung Galaxy Note 2
While navigating a website, you can bookmark a site to quickly and easily access it at a future time on Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The URLs (website addresses) of the bookmarked sites display in the Bookmarks page. From the Bookmarks page you can also view your Most visited websites and view your History.
- From the webpage, tap Bookmarks icon. The Bookmarks page displays. Additional pages include History and Saved pages.
- Press Menu key to display the following options:
- List/Thumbnail view: Select Thumbnail view (default) to view a thumbnail of the webpage with the name listed, or select List view to view a list of the bookmarks with Name and URL listed.
- Create folder: Creates a new folder in which to store new bookmarks.
- Change order: Rearranges the current bookmarks.
- Move to folder: Selected bookmarks are moved to a selected folder.
- Delete: Erases selected bookmarks.
- Tap a bookmark to view the webpage, or touch and hold a bookmark for the following options:
- Open: Opens the webpage of the selected bookmark.
- Open in new window: Opens the webpage in a new window.
- Edit bookmark: Allows you to edit the name or URL of the bookmark.
- Add shortcut to home screen: Adds a shortcut to the bookmarked webpage to your phones Home screen.
- Share link: Allows you to share a URL address via Bluetooth, ChatON, Dropbox, Email, Facebook, Flipboard, Gmail, Google+, Messaging, S Note, or Wi-Fi Direct.
- Copy link URL: Allows you to copy the URL address to use in a message.
- Delete bookmark: Allows you to delete a bookmark.
- Set as homepage: Sets the bookmark to your new homepage.
How to add Bookmarks on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- From the webpage, tap star icon > Add bookmark.
- Use the on-screen keypad to enter the name of the bookmark and the URL.
- Assign a folder location. Home is the default.
- Tap Save. The new save page now appears on the Bookmarks page.
How to edit Bookmarks on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- From the Bookmarks page, touch and hold the bookmark you want to edit.
- Tap Edit bookmark.
- Use the on-screen keypad to edit the name of the bookmark or the URL.
- Tap Save or Cancel to exit the operation.
How to delete Bookmarks on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- From the Bookmarks page, touch and hold the bookmark you want to delete.
- Tap Delete bookmark.
- At the confirmation window, tap OK.
How to empty the Cookies on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
A cookie is a small file placed on your phone by a website during navigation. In addition to containing some site-specific information, a cookie can also contain some personal information (such as a username and password) which might pose a security risk if not properly managed. You can clear these cookies from your device at any time.
- From an active Web page, press Menu key and then tap Settings > Privacy and security > Clear all cookie data.
- Tap OK to delete the cookies or tap Cancel to exit.
How to use Web History on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The History list displays a list of the most recently viewed websites. These entries can be used to return to previously unmarked web pages.
- From the webpage, tap star icon > History tab.
- Select a visited range category. Choose from: Today, Yesterday, or Most visited.
- Tap an entry to display the webpage.
- Press Menu key and then tap Clear history to delete the current History list.
How to use Most Visited on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Most visited list provides you with a list of the most visited and bookmarked websites. These entries are used to return to previously unmarked web pages.
- From the webpage, tap star icon > History > Most visited tab. A list of your most frequently visited webpages displays. The most frequently visited web pages display at the top of the list.
- Tap any entry to display the selected webpage.
How to use Save Pages on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Saved pages tab displays a list of Web pages that have been saved for offline reading.
- From the webpage, tap star icon > Saved pages tab.
- Tap an entry to display the webpage.
- Press Menu key and then tap Clear history to delete the current entries.