How To Use Assistive Menu - Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to use assistive menu on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Displaying the assistive shortcut icon
Set the device to display the assistive shortcut icon. You can use the icon to access apps, features, and settings by tapping assistive menus in the icon. Control the device by tapping the assistive menus in the icon without exploring the screen. When this feature is launched, Single tap mode is activated.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Assistant menu.
- Tap the Assistant menu switch to activate it. The assistive shortcut icon appears at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap Dominant hand to move the assistive shortcut icon to a convenient location.
Accessing assistive menus
- The assistive shortcut icon appears as a floating icon for easy access to the assistive menus from any screen.
- When you tap the assistive shortcut icon, the icon expands slightly and the assistive menus appear on the icon. Tap the up or down arrow to move to other panels or scroll the screen up or down to select other menus.
Using the cursor
On the assistive menu, tap Cursor. A cursor and a touch area where the cursor can be controlled are displayed on the screen. You can control the screen using small finger movements on the touch area. Drag your finger on the touch area to move the cursor. Also, tap the screen to select items under the cursor.
Use the following options:
- Select an item or scroll left or right on the screen.
- Scroll up or down the screen.
- Move the touch area to another location.
- Close the touch area.
To change the cursor settings, open the Apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Assistant menu, tap the Assistant menu switch to activate it. Then, use options under TOUCHPAD AND CURSOR SETTINGS.
Using enhanced assistive menus
- Set the device to display enhanced assistive menus for selected apps. For example, when you launch Messages, searching and composing functions appear on the assistive menu.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Assistant menu > Assistant plus, tap the Assistant plus switch to activate it, and then select apps.
Editing the assistive menus
- You can use this feature to edit menus in the assistive shortcut icon. On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Assistant menu, tap the Assistant menu switch to activate it, and then tap Edit. To add or delete menus, tap Add icon or Delete icon.