How To Use AirPlay On iPad
You can stream music, photos, and video wirelessly to your HDTV or speakers using AirPlay and Apple TV. You can also use AirPlay to stream audio to an Airport Express or AirPort Extreme base station. Other AirPlay-enabled receivers are available from third-parties. Visit the online Apple Store for details. Continue reading the article on using AirPlay.
- iPad and the AirPlay-enabled device must be on the same Wi-Fi network. Stream content to an AirPlay-enabled device: Start the video, slideshow, or music, then tap TV icon and choose the AirPlay device. Once streaming starts, you can exit the app thats playing the content.
- Get quick access to the AirPlay controls: When the screen is on, double-click the Home button and scroll to the left end of the multitasking bar.
- Switch playback back to iPad: Tap TV icon and choose iPad.
- You can mirror the iPad screen (iPad 2 or later) on a TV with Apple TV. Everything on the iPad screen appears on the TV.
- Mirror the iPad screen on a TV: Tap TV icon at the left end of the multitasking bar, choose an Apple TV, and tap the Mirroring button that appears. A blue bar appears at the top of the iPad screen when AirPlay mirroring is turned on. You can also mirror the iPad screen on a TV using a cable.
This will work on iPads running iOS 5.0 or later; including iPad 3, iPad 2, and your new iPad.