How To Use Advanced WiFi Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Learn how to use advanced WiFi Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. The advanced Wi-Fi settings allow you to set up and manage wireless access points.
- From the Settings screen, touch Connections > Wi-Fi.
- Touch Smart network switch to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks to maintain a stable Internet connection.
- Touch Menu > Advanced. The following options are available:
- Network notification: Alerts you when a new WAP is available.
- Sort by: Sort Wi-Fi networks by alphabet or RSSI (received signal strength indicator).
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Specify when to disconnect from Wi-Fi.
- Always allow scanning: Allow Google location service and other apps to scan for networks, even when Wi-Fi is turned off.
- Install certificates: Install authentication certificates.
- MAC address: View your devices MAC address, required when connecting to some secured networks (not configurable).
- IP address: View your devices IP address.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.