How To Use Accessibility Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Learn how to use accessibility settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Accessibility services are special features to make using the device easier for those with certain physical disabilities. Use the Accessibility settings to activate these services.
Note: You can download accessibility applications from Play Store and manage their use here.
- From the Settings screen, touch Device > Accessibility.
- The following options are available:
- Auto rotate screen: Automatically rotate the screen from landscape to portrait when you rotate your phone.
- Screen timeout: Set the length of delay between the last key press or screen touch and the automatic screen timeout (dimand lock).
- Secured lock time: Lock the screen after the selected amount of inactivity time.
- Speak passwords: Read out password information.
- Single tap mode: Tap the screen once to stop/snooze alarms and calendar events.
- Show shortcut: Add Accessibility and Talkback as shortcuts under the device options available after pressing and holding the Power/Lock key.
- Manage accessibility: Save and update your accessibility settings or share them with another device. You can export your settings, import a previously saved file, or share your file with another device.
Note: Secured lock time option only displays after you set a Screen Lock other than Swipe or None. For more information, refer to "Screen Lock Settings."
- TalkBack: Activate the TalkBack feature.
Note: TalkBack, when installed and enabled, speaks feedback to help blind and low-vision users.
Note: TalkBack can collect all of the text you enter, except passwords, including personal data and credit card numbers. It may also log your user interface interactions with the device.
- Font size: Change the size of the fonts used on the device within menus, options, and so on. Choose from: Tiny, Extra small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra large, or Huge.
- Magnification gestures: Use exaggerated gestures such as triple-tapping, double pinching, and dragging two fingers across the screen.
- Negative colors: Reverse the display of onscreen colors from White text on a Black background to Black text on a White background.
- Notification reminder: Play a beep when a notification for a call, message, and so on, has been missed. Touch the OFF / ON button to turn it ON.
- Accessibility shortcut: Quickly enable accessibility features in two quick steps. Touch the OFF / ON button to turn it ON . Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Text-to-speech options: Adjust your text-to-speech settings.
- Sound balance: Use the slider to set the Left and Right balance when using a stereo device.
- Mono audio: Enable stereo audio to be compressed into a single mono audio stream for use with a single earbud or earphone.
- Turn off all sounds: Mute every sound made by the device.
- Google subtitles (CC): Use Google subtitles with multimedia files when available. Touch the OFF / ON button to turn the feature ON. Touch Google subtitles (CC) for
- Samsung subtitles (CC): Use Samsung subtitles with multimedia files when available. Touch the OFF / ON button to turn the feature ON. Touch Samsung subtitles (CC) for options.
- Assistant menu: allows you to improve the device accessibility for users with reduced dexterity. Touch the OFF / ON button to turn it ON. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Press and hold delay: Select a time interval for this action.
- Interaction control: allows you to enable or disable motions and screen timeout. You can also block areas of the screen from touch interaction. Touch the OFF / ON button to turn it ON. Follow the onscreen instructions.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.