How To Update Software - Nokia Lumia Icon
Learn how to update software on your Nokia Lumia Icon. Take care of your phone and its contents. Learn how to connect to accessories and networks, transfer files, create backups, lock your phone, and keep the software up to date.
Keep your phone up to date
- Stay in step with the beat update your phone software and apps to get new and enhanced features for your phone. Updating the software may also improve your phone performance.
Note: If you install a software update, you cannot use the device, even to make emergency calls, until the installation is completed and the device is restarted.
- Make sure that the device battery has enough power, or connect the charger before starting the update. After the update, go to nokia.com/support to get your new user guide.
Update your phone software
- No computer needed update your phone software wirelessly for new features and improved performance. Before starting the update, make sure your phone has enough battery power. Using services or downloading content may cause the transfer of large amounts of data, which may result in data costs.
- By default, your phone automatically downloads available updates whenever the data connection settings, for example roaming, allow it. When your phone notifies you that an update is available, just follow the instructions shown on your phone.
Note: Check Store for app updates.
Turn off automatic update downloading
- If you want to keep tight control of your data costs while roaming, you can turn off automatic update downloading. From the Start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings icon > phone update > Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it.
Use a high speed connection
Why not make the most of your network connections? Use a 4G connection, when available and if supported by your phone.
- From the Start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings icon > cellular.
- Switch Highest connection speed to 4G.
Note: When using your phone in an area where 4G might not be available, switch to 3G. This also helps your battery last longer, as your phone wont try to connect to the 4G network unnecessarily.
Note: You can also select the network manually. Tap Network selection.