How To Turn Off Google Now On Nexus 7
In addition to stopping the display of Google Now cards, turning off Google Now also returns settings for individual cards or notifications to their defaults. Follow the simple steps below.
Open the Google Now screen.
- Touch the Search bar at the top of a Home screen, or swipe up from the bottom of your tablet while viewing any screen.
- Touch Menu, Settings, Now cards, and then slide the switch at the top right to Off.
- In the Turn off Now cards dialog, decide whether you also want to turn off location history. If you do, check Also turn off Location history.
- Turning off location history may affect the way other Google products work.
- Turning off Google Now and location history does not delete existing history or turn off all forms of location reporting.