How To Setup - Sony Xperia Z1
Learn how to Setup on Sony Xperia Z1. The first time you start your device, a setup guide opens to help you configure basic settings, sign in to some accounts, and personalise your device. For example, if you have a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can sign in to it here and get set up straight away. And you can download Internet and Wi-Fi settings.
Note: You can also access the setup guide later from the Settings menu.
To turn on the device
Note: Make sure that the battery is charged for at least 30 minutes before you turn on the device for the first time.
- Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.
- If your screen goes dark, briefly press the power key to activate the screen.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap Enter Key icon .
- If your screen is locked, place a finger on the screen and swipe up or down to unlock it.
- Wait a while for the device to start.
Note: Your SIM card PIN is initially supplied by your network operator, but you can change it later from the Settings menu. To correct a mistake made while entering your SIM card PIN, tap x icon .
To turn off the device
- Press and hold down the power key until the options menu opens.
- In the options menu, tap Power off.
- Tap OK.
Note: It may take a while for the device to shut down.
Why do I need a Google account?
Your Xperia device from Sony runs on the Android platform developed by Google. A range of Google applications and services are available on your device when you purchase it, for example, Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube and Google Play, the online store for downloading Android applications. To get the most out of these services, you need a Google account. For example, a Google account is mandatory if you want to:
- Download and install applications from Google Play.
- Synchronise email, contacts and the calendar.
- Chat with friends using the Hangouts application.
- Synchronise your browsing history and bookmarks.
For more information about Android and Google, go toSony.
To set up a Google account on your device
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon .
- Find and tap Settings > Add account > Google.
- Follow the registration wizard to create a Google account, or sign in if you already have an account.
Note: You can also sign in to or create a Google account from the setup guide the first time you start your device.