How To Setup - Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to setup on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The first time you turn your device on, the Welcome Screen displays.
Turn Your Device On and Off
Turning the Device On
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key until the device vibrates and starts up.
Turning the Device Off
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key until the device vibrates and the Device options menu displays.
- Tap Shut down icon > Power off.
The first time you turn your device on, the Welcome Screen displays. It will guide you through the basics of setting up your device.
Follow the prompts to choose a default language, connect to a Wi-Fi network, set up accounts, choose location services, learn about your devices features, and more.
Secure Your Device
Use your devices screen lock features to secure your device.
Lock the Device
By default, the device locks automatically when the screen times out.
- To lock the device, press the Power/Lock key.
Unlock the Device
The default Screen lock on your device is Swipe.
- To unlock your device, press the Power/Lock key or Home key, and then touch and drag your finger across the screen.
Set Up a Secure Screen Lock
The default Screen lock is Swipe, which offers no security. To choose a more secure screen lock, for more information Refer Screen Lock.