How To Set Up Samsung Galaxy S4
Learn how to configure or set up for the first time on your Samsung Galaxy S4. When you first turn on your phone, you will need to set up a few things.
The Welcome Ready2Go! screen displays. The default language for your phone is English. If you would like to select another language, tap English and scroll up or down to select one of the listed languages.
- Tap the Accessibility box at the bottom of the screen to modify any of the Accessibility function if you desire.
- Tap Next.
At the Got Google? display, tap Yes if you already have a Google account and sign in to your account, or tap No if you do not have a Google account.
If you answered No in previous step, tap Get an account and follow the on-screen instructions to create a new Google account or sign in to an existing account. If you want to wait until later to create a Google account, tap Not now.
Note: In order to utilize your device to the fullest extent, you will need to create a Google Account when you first use your device. With a Google Account, you will have access to more Google applications and applications will always be in sync between your phone and computer.
- At the Google & location screen, a blue checkmark displays next to the text that explains that you allow Googles location service to collect anonymous location data from your phone. If you disagree, tap the checkmark to remove it.
A blue checkmark also displays next to the text that explains that you allows your location to be used for Google search results and other Google services. If you disagree, tap the checkmark to remove it. Tap the Next icon (it is like a Play icon).
- At the This phone belongs to… display, enter your First and Last names in the provided fields so that your phone can personalize some applications. Tap Next icon (play icon).
- At the Set up email display, tap an Email account to set up your email.
- Tap Next.
- At the Samsung account display, tap Create new account if you dont have one yet or tap Sign in if you have already set up your Samsung account.
- Tap Skip if you want to wait until later.
- At the Thank you screen, enter a device name (optional) and tap Next.
- At the Learn about key features display, tap each function to learn more about them.
- Tap Finish to complete your setup.
- At the Service Providers Locker Setup display, tap Sign Up Locker or tap Skip if you want to sign up later.
The main Home screen displays.