How To Protect SIM Card With Pin On HTC One
Learn how to protect the SIM card with a Pin on your HTC One. Add another layer of security for HTC One by assigning a PIN (personal identification number) to your SIM. Make sure you have the default SIM PIN provided by your mobile operator before continuing.
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings icon > Security.
- Tap Set up SIM card lock, then select Lock SIM card.
- Enter the default SIM card PIN, and then tap OK.
- To change the SIM card PIN, tap Change SIM PIN.
How to restore a SIM card that has been locked out on HTC One
If you enter the wrong PIN more times than the maximum number of attempts allowed, your SIM card will become PUK-locked. You need a PUK code to restore access to HTC One. Contact your mobile operator for this code.
- On the Phone dialer screen, enter the PUK code, and then tap Next.
- Enter the new PIN you want to use, and then tap Next.
- Enter the new PIN again, and then tap OK.