How To Make Emergency Call - Nokia Lumia Icon
Learn how to make emergency call on your Nokia Lumia Icon. To make an emergency call during the account and phone setup, tap emergency call.
- Make sure the phone is switched on.
- Check for adequate signal strength.
You may also need to do the following:
- Put a SIM card in the device, if supported by your device.
- Switch off the restrictions in your phone, such as call restriction, fixed dialing, or closed user group.
- Make sure airplane mode is not switched on.
- If the phone screen and keys are locked, unlock them.
- Press Start Key.
- Select End Call icon.
- Select Message icon.
- Enter the official emergency number for your present location.Emergency call numbers vary by location.
- Select call.
- Give the necessary info as accurately as possible. Do not end the call until given permission to do so.
When you switch your phone on for the first time, you are asked to create your Microsoft account and set up your phone. To make an emergency call during the account and phone setup, tap emergency call.
Note: Activate both cellular and internet calls, if your phone supports internet calls. The phone may attempt to make emergency calls both through cellular networks and through your internet call service provider. Connections in all conditions cannot be guaranteed. Never rely solely on any wireless phone for essential communications like medical emergencies.