How To Enter Text Using Voice On Sony Xperia Z
When you enter text, you can use the voice input function instead of typing the words on your Sony Xperia Z. Just speak the words that you want to enter. Voice input is an experimental technology from Google, and is available for a number of languages and regions.
You must have a data connection on a mobile or Wi-Fi network to use this service. Additional charges may apply.
To enable voice input
- When you enter text using the on-screen keyboard or the Phonepad, tap 12!? icon or 123 icon.
- Tap Settings icon, then tap Keyboard settings.
- Mark the Google voice typing key checkbox.
- Press Back button to save your settings. A microphone icon appears on your on-screen keyboard or Phonepad.
To enter text using voice input
- Make sure that the voice input function is enabled and that you have a working data connection.
- When microphone icon appears on your on-screen keyboard or Phonepad, tap it. When the input language key, for example, EN icon, appears, touch and hold it.
- When microphone icon appears, speak to enter text. When you’re finished, tap microphone icon again. The suggested text appears.
- Edit the text manually if necessary.