How To Customize Notification Panel - Samsung Galaxy S5
Learn how to customize Notification Panel on your Samsung Galaxy S5. The Notification panel includes a pull-down list to show information about processes that are running, recent notifications, and alerts. To display the Status indicator:
- On the Home screen, touch and hold the Notification panel until the pull-down displays, then drag down vertically.
- Tap a notification entry to open the associated application.
Note: S Finder and Quick connect can quickly be accessed from the top area of the main Notifications screen.
To clear all notifications from the Notification panel:
- From the Home screen, touch and hold the Notification panel until the pull-down displays, then drag down vertically.
- Tap the Clear button. The notifications are cleared and the panel closes.
Accessing Additional Panel Functions
In addition to notifications, the Notification panel also provides quick and ready access to separate device functions. These can be quickly activated or deactivated by toggling them on or off. You can choose the functions that will be displayed.
- From the notification panel, tap Additional Panel icon to display additional options.
The following functions (default) are located in the top two rows and can either be activated (green) or deactivated (light blue): Wi-Fi, Location, Sound, Screen rotation, Bluetooth, S Finder, Quick connect, Power saving, Multi window, and Toolbox.
- Tap Edit icon then locate the Notifications panel area located at the bottom of the Notifications panel screen.
- In a single motion, touch and hold a desired function from the bottom two rows and then drag it to the top two rows. Additional functions are Screen mirroring, NFC, Sync, Smart stay, Smart pause, Power saving, Blocking mode, Airplane mode, Private mode, and Touch sensitivity.
- Tap Brightness adjustment to create a checkmark if you want to be able to adjust the screen brightness via the Notification panel.
- Tap Back Key and then tap Menu icon to display only your primary functions.