How To Customize Home Screen On iPad
You can customize the layout of app icons on the Home screen; including the icons in the Dock along the bottom of the screen. Follow the simple steps below.
How to rearranging icons on iPad
You can create additional Home screens and arrange your apps over multiple Home screens.
- Touch and hold any app on the Home screen until it jiggles.
- Arrange the apps by dragging them.
- Press the Home button to save your arrangement.
- Move an icon to another screen: While arranging icons, drag an icon to the right edge of the screen until a new screen appears. You can return to a previous screen and drag more icons to the new screen.
- Create additional Home screens: While arranging icons, swipe to the rightmost Home screen, then drag an icon to the right edge of the screen. You can create up to 11 Home screens.
- Go to a different Home screen: Flick left or right, or tap to the left or right of the row of dots.
- Go to the first Home screen: Press the Home button.
- Reset the Home screen to its original layout: In the menu Settings, go to General, Reset, and then tap Reset Home Screen Layout. Resetting the Home screen removes any folders youve created and applies the default wallpaper to your Home screen.
When you connect iPad to your computer using the Dock Connector to USB Cable, you can rearrange the icons on the Home screen, as well as the order of the screens, in iTunes. Select iPad in the iTunes sidebar, and then click the Apps tab. This will work on all iPads; including iPad 3, new iPad, iPad2, and original iPad.