How To Customize Accessibility Settings - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Learn how to customize accessibility settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Accessibility services are special features to make using the device easier for those with certain physical disabilities. Use the Accessibility settings to activate these services.
Note: You can download accessibility applications from Play Store and manage their use here.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Device > Accessibility. The following options are available:
- Auto rotate screen: automatically rotate the screen from landscape to portrait when you rotate your phone.
- Screen timeout: timeout the accessibility feature after a defined amount of time.
- Speak passwords: reads out password information.
- Answering/ending calls: accept incoming calls by pressing the home key or end calls using the power key.
- Easy touch mode: allows you to easily tap the screen to stop snooze alarms, calendar events and timers, and accept/reject incoming calls.
- Show shortcut: allow the accessibility shortcut under the device options to be used by pressing and holding the power key.
- Manage accessibility: save and update your accessibility settings or share them with another device. You can export your settings, import a previously saved file, or share your file with another device.
- TalkBack: activate the TalkBack feature.
Note: TalkBack, when installed and enabled, speaks feedback to help blind and low-vision users.
Note: TalkBack can collect all of the text you enter, except passwords, including personal data and credit card numbers. It may also log your user interface interactions with the device.
- Font size: change the size of the fonts used on the device within menus, options, etc. Choose from: Tiny, Extra small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra large, or Huge.
- Magnification gestures: use exaggerated gestures such as triple-tapping, double pinching, and dragging two fingers across the screen.
- Negative colors: reverse the display of on-screen colors from White text on a Black background to Black text on a White background.
- Color adjustment: allows you to adjust the display colors if you are color blind and have difficulty reading the display because of the colors. Touch and slide the slider to the right to turn it on . Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Notification reminder: plays a beep when you have unread notifications. Touch and slide the slider to the right to turn it on .
- Accessibility shortcut: allows you to quickly enable accessibility features in 2 quick steps. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Text-to-speech options: allows you to adjust your text-tospeech settings. For more information, refer to Speech Settings.
- Sound balance: allows you to use the slider to set the Left and Right balance when using a stereo device.
- Mono audio: allows you to enable stereo audio to be compressed into a single mono audio stream for use with a single earbud/earphone.
- Turn off all sounds: allows you to mute every sound made by the device during taps, selections, notifications, etc.
- Hearing aids: allows you to improve the sound quality of your device for use with hearing aids.
- Flash notification: allows you to set your camera light to blink whenever you receive a notification.
- Assistant menu: allows you to improve the device accessibility for users with reduced dexterity. Touch and slide the slider to the right to turn it on icon. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Press and hold delay: allows you to select a time interval for this action. Choose from: Short, Medium, Long, or Custom.
- Interaction control: allows you to enable or disable motions and screen timeout. You can also block areas of the screen from touch interaction. Touch and slide the slider to the right to turn it on . Follow the on-screen instructions.