How To Configure TalkBack Settings On Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to configure TalkBack Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Configure settings for TalkBack for your convenience.
- On the All apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Vision > TalkBack > Settings.
- Speech volume: Adjust the volume level for voice feedback.
- Use pitch changes: Set the device to read aloud text at a low pitch when it is entered using a keyboard.
- Keyboard echo: Set the device to read aloud a word that you enter using a keyboard when you tap the space key.
- Speak when screen is off: Set the device to provide voice feedback when the screen is turned off.
- Use proximity sensor: Set the device to pause voice feedback when you place your hand over the sensor at the top of the device.
- Shake to start continuous reading: Set the device to read aloud the text displayed on the screen when you shake the device. You can select from various shaking speeds.
- Speak caller ID: Set the device to read the callers name aloud when you have an incoming call.
- Vibration feedback: Set the device to vibrate when you explore the screen.
- Sound feedback: Set the device to emit a sound when you control the screen, such as scrolling the screen, and more.
- Focus speech audio: Set the device to turn the media volume down when the device reads an item aloud.
- Sound volume: Adjust the volume that sound is played when you touch the screen to control it. This feature is available when Sound feedback is selected.
- Explore by touch: Set the device to read aloud the items under your finger.
- Automatically scroll lists: Set the device to automatically scroll through the rest of the list not displayed on the screen and read the items aloud.
- Single-tap selection: Set the device to open the selected item by tapping it once.
- Launch Explore by touch tutorial: View the tutorial about using the Explore by touch feature.
- Manage gestures: Assign actions to perform using finger gestures. Refer to Configuring finger gesture settings for more information.
- Manage customized labels: View the labels you added.
- Resume from suspend: Select a method to resume voice feedback when TalkBack is paused.
- Developer settings: Set options for app development.
Using the device with the screen turned off
Set the device to turn the screen off at all times to keep the content on your screen private. The screen does not turn on when you press the Home key or tap the screen. Currently activated features do not turn off when the screen is off.
- On the All apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Vision, and then tick Dark screen. You can activate or deactivate this feature by pressing the Power key twice.
Reading passwords aloud
Set the device to read the password aloud when you enter the password while TalkBack is activated.
- On the All apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Vision, and then tick Speak passwords.
Setting text-to-speech features
Change the settings for text-to-speech features used when TalkBack is activated, such as languages, speed, and more.
- On the All apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Vision > Text-to-speech options, and then use the following functions:
- Samsung text-to-speech engine / Google Text-to-speech engine: Select an engine for the text-to-speech feature.
- Speech rate: Select a speed for the text-to-speech feature.
- Listen to an example: Listen to the spoken text for an example. If the device cannot read examples aloud, tap Settings > Install voice data to download and install voice data for the text-to-speech feature.
- Default language status: View the status of the current language set for the text-to speech feature.