How To Configure My Profile - WhatsApp
You can configure your profile by using picture, names and status in WhatsApp on your smartphones and tablets.
Photo and name
Depending on your privacy configuration, your profile photo and name may be visible to anyone you chat with on WhatsApp. To set your profile photo and name:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings.
- Select Profile.
- Tap your Profile photo to take a new profile picture or upload a photo from your media gallery.
- Tap the button to change the name that is visible to your contacts.
- If you block a contact, that person will not see any updates to your profile picture.
The status feature in WhatsApp is a real time indication of what you are doing so that you can keep up to date with your contacts. To set your status:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Status.
- You can choose a default status or create a personalized one.
- To create a personal status, press the button and tap OK after you are finished.