How To Assign PIN To SIM Card - HTC One M8
Learn how to Assign PIN To SIM Card on your HTC One M8. You can help to protect the nano SIM card by assigning a PIN that you enter before accessing the nano SIM.
Make sure you have the default PIN of the nano SIM card from your mobile operator before continuing.
- Go to Settings, and then tap Security.
- Tap Set up SIM card lock, then select Lock SIM card.
- Enter the default PIN of the nano SIM card, and then tap OK.
- To change the nano SIM card PIN, tap Change SIM PIN.
Restoring a nano SIM card that has been locked out
If you enter the wrong PIN more times than the maximum number of attempts allowed, the nano SIM card will become PUK-locked.
You need a PUK code to restore access to HTC One. Contact your mobile operator for this code.
- On the Phone dialer screen, enter the PUK code, and then tap Next.
- Enter the new PIN you want to use, and then tap Next.
- Enter the new PIN again, and then tap OK.