How To View About Device - Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Learn how to view about device on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. This menu contains legal information, system tutorial information, and other phone information such as the model number, firmware version, baseband version, kernal version, and software build number.
To access phone information:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps icon > Settings >More > About device. The following information displays:
- Software update: allows you to update your phone software, if available. For more information, refer to Update Software.
- Status: displays the Battery status, Battery level (percentage), Network, Signal strength, Mobile network type, Service state, Roaming status, Mobile network state, the phone number for this device (My phone number), IMEI number, IMEISV number, IP address, Wi-Fi MAC address, Bluetooth address, Serial number, Up time, and Device status.
- Legal information: This option displays information about Open source licenses, Google legal information, and License settings. This information clearly provides copyright and distribution legal information and facts as well as Google Terms of Service, Terms of Service for Android-powered Phones, and much more pertinent information as a reference. Read the information and terms, then press Back key to return to the Settings menu.
- Device name: displays the phones model name.
- Model number: displays the phones model number.
- Android version: displays the android version loaded on this handset.
- Baseband version: displays the baseband version loaded on this handset.
- Kernel version: displays the kernel version loaded on this handset.
- Build number: displays the software, build number.
- SELinux status: displays the status of SELinux. SELinux is a set of security policies/modules which is applied to the device to improve the overall security.
- Secure boot status: displays the status of the Secure boot.
Note: Baseband, kernal and build numbers are usually used for updates to the handset or support.