AT&T LG G Pad X 10.1 Gets Android Marshmallow Update
AT&T has started rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for LG G Pad X 10.1 as over-the-air update. The new update is about 869MB and brings the Linux 3.40 kernel. It also increments the build number to MRA58K, and the software version to V93020f.
Here is the change log
- Upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- AT&T Services updates
- AT&T Locker now 2.0
- Keeper removed
- myAT&T is a full pre-loaded app (was weblink)
- Ready2Go replaced with Setup & Transfer
- Kindle removed
- AT&T Mail now a VPL
- AT&T Messages VPL added
- DIRECTV VPL added
If you own a G Pad X 10.1 On AT&T network, do not get surprised when the update shows on your screen. If you are yet to see the update, you can manually initiate the download. Please note that the update will be released in batches, meaning not everyone will get it on the first day.
To manually update
- Make sure your device is sufficiently charged and connected to Wi-Fi
- From the device home screen, tap Settings > About tablet > Update Center > Software update > Update Now
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update
- The device automatically restarts once the new software successfully installs
Since downloading software via a mobile network may result in additional charges, it is better for you to use a Wi-Fi connection when downloading software updates. You have to remember that firmware updates require at least 3GB of free space in your phone and also make sure that your battery is fully charged or at least 70% so that your phone will not turn off while downloading or updating software. You can read how to update your Android device via OTA by visiting here.
You can also verify if the update was properly installed by following the below steps.
- From the device home screen, tap Settings > About tablet > Software information.
- If the Software Version matches the new specifications below, the device has the latest firmware:
- Android Version: 6.0
- Baseband Version: MPSS.DI.2.0.c2-00110-M8974AAAAANAZM-1
- Kernel Version: 3.4.0
- Build Number: MRA58K
- Software Version: V93020f
- File Size: Up to 869MB