Add An Album To Windows Media Player
The Windows Media Player is space saving in that it eliminates the clutter created by scattered CDs. It is also inconvenient; with such a program you virtually have all of your music right at your fingertips with the click of a few buttons. You can add an album to Windows Media Player, follow the simple steps below
Add an album from a folder on your computer.
- Turn on your computer and pull up Windows Media Player.
- Click the "Library" tab at the top of the screen.
- Select "Music" as your category in the drop down list that appears. If you do not specifically choose "Music," Windows Media Player could be searching through video or picture folders, so avoid wasting your time by choosing the category you are interested in from the start.
- Choose "Add to Library" from the drop down list to add music directly from your computer.
- Click "My Personal Folders" and "OK" in the box that pops up. This will allow you to scan your computer for any music you have.
- Select the folder containing the album(s) you want and click "Add" to put your music in Windows Media Player.
Add an album by importing from a CD.
- Open your disk drive and place a CD in it.
- Click "Start Rip" when the album's song listing appears on the screen. This button will be in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
Refer to an online store to find music you can buy. You can register with particular stores through Windows Media Player and have the music transferred upon purchase straight to your player.
- Turn on your computer and bring up Windows Media Player.
- Click the "Media Guide" tab at the top right of the screen that appears.
- Choose "Music" from the list of categories that appear.
- Select your country from the drop down list beside the search bar. Not only does this allow you to read in your native language, it also modifies the Media Guide home page to provide you with a list of popular genres and artists from your country if you are uncertain of what kind of music you want.
- Type the name of the artist or album for which you are looking in the search bar.
- Choose the album you want from the list of titles that appear and click "Buy." At this point a window will pop up with a list of stores you can buy from.
- Click the "Rip" tab on your Windows Media Player. On the drop down list you'll find the option "Rip CD Automatically When Inserted." From here you can choose for this to always or never happen according to your preference.
- Rather than buying CDs to rip to your player, you may find that purchasing from an online store is often cheaper. There is also the added bonus of digital music not taking up any physical space around your house.
- If you choose to download music for your player, make sure you are buying from an online store and not obtaining your albums from an illegal source.