- Written By: Edward Ramamoorthy
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 1229
Learn how to update software on your LG G2. This feature allows you to update the firmware of your phone to the latest version conveniently from the internet without the need to visit a service center. As the mobile phone firmware update requires the user's full attention for the duration of the update process, please make sure to check all instructions and notes that appear at each step before proceeding. Please note that removing the USB cable or battery during the upgrade may seriously damage your mobile phone.
LG Mobile Phone Software update via Over-the-Air (OTA)
- This feature allows you to update the firmware of your phone to the newer version conveniently via OTA without connecting the USB data cable. This feature is only available if and when LG makes the newer version of the firmware available for your device.
- First, you can check the software version on your mobile phone:
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > All settings > General tab > About phone > Software information.
- To perform the phone software update, from the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > All settings > General tab > About phone > Software Update > Update now.