When the iPhone crashes or locks up in a way that prevents the iPhone from responds to being turn off, you need to reset the iPhone.
- Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
- Hold them both until you see the screen go black.
- Wait until the white Apple logo appears.
- When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.
- The iPhone reset will not normally remove or delete any data or settings. The reset is also sometimes used to mean deleting all content from the iPhone and or restoring from a backup.
- The above said reset process works on the
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- Original iPhone