Reducing Picture Size
Hey here are some techniques to reduce the size of photo
One of my holidays time picture weighs 1.53 MB. If I want to share it through email, I cannot directly attach more than 5 pictures in one email. So I was googling around several times and found different options to reduce the size. Here are some tips for it.
Method 1: Using MS Picture Manager
- Open in Microsoft Office Picture Manager 2010
- Click on Edit Pictures
- Click on Compress Pictures
- Select the different options Documents/web pages/Email Messages
- Then File ? Save AS --> New name (Select JPEG in File Type)
|Web Pages||52.2 Kb|
|Email Messages||6.66 Kb|
Method 2: Using MS Paint
If your pictures are in different format like *.tif/*.gif/*.png, You may store it as JPG which will drastically reduce the size
- Open the picture in MSPaint
- Click on save as name.jpg
Method 3: MS Paint plus Manual
Another method an unusual method but it reduces the sizes drastically. It requires some manual work. Just cut copy paste ?
- Open the picture in any viewer (MS Picture manager or any)
- Click on Print screen and take the image
- Paste in MS Paint then
- Cut the unwanted portion
- Save as name.jpg
Print screen view
Cut the unwanted portions. Save as JPEG. You can picture reduced from 2.15 MB to 88 KB
Would you like to share a bulk of pictures with your friends and cannt do these manual steps? No worries. You can use some of the free online web-sharing sites and free tools.
- GIMP With Save for Web Plugin
Upload your pictures using the free tools available (picasa). Select the selected picture and then share (i.e upload ) to the website.
You may use tools to download the pictures from picasa.
Note: As you reduce the size of pictures, you might lose the clarity of the picture.