Play Sky Block In Minecraft
Sky Block provides a challenging and unique game mode to Minecraft, you can play on Sky Block. Follow the simple steps below
Visit the official Sky Block forum page and download the most recent version.
Unzip the save file in the save file folder of the .minecraft folder.
Load the Sky Block World.
To start, you will need to gather wood, and use the ice and lava to make a cobble stone generator.
Once you have a supply of cobble stone, you can start expanding the island and gathering the materials needed for the challenges.
Remember Sky Block only ends when either you have completed all the challenges, or are unable to go any further without cheating. Have fun.
- If you are unfamiliar with cobble stone generators, look up some designs so you don't accidentally turn your lava into obsidian.
- When you get the second ice block, make an infinite water source so water won't be an issue.
- Cover water to prevent it from freezing up or leave a torch next to it.
- Save any dirt, sand, saplings, and other materials you get as you cannot get any more of them.
- Leave a patch of grass until you are able to make a farm area as you need it to gather seeds and spawn farm animals. You can always grow grass along dirt to move it later.
- In 1.0 and later, animals spawn very rarely so don't get your hopes up on using them for food/resources. Instead build a dark room mob grinder for string to make wool, and use your farm to make bread.
- You can get apples from trees also.
- Keep your bucket safe; while you can get another ice block, you can not get another bucket.
- As above, save some grass as once it is gone it is gone.
- Conditions for being unable to continue are:
- Having no saplings for trees
- Having no way of getting seeds(no grass)
- Loosing to much dirt(no farm or trees)
- Loosing the sand(no glass or cactus farm)
- Loosing the lava source by turning it into obsidian** Losing water by turning it into cobble stone( can be save by the second ice block)