Play Minecraft Sport Pyro
A new Minecraft sport has rolled around town, and that sport is Pyro. Follow the simple steps below
Know what your objective is. The objective of this sport is to make your opponents fall into a pit, like Spleef. However, you are only allowed to destroy blocks with fire. This means that you must burn the floor away to make your opponents fall into the pit below.
Learn the rules of the game.
- You may not place blocks. (Can only be disobeyed when the round has ended and before the next round starts)
- You may not kill players. (However, this may happen on accident, make sure the referee knows the difference between accident and on purpose)
- You may only destroy blocks with fire.
Make a good arena. There are different arena types that can be made, but you must have:
- A big size
- A Pit
- Flammable block floors (but not the whole arena)
- Non-flammable block floors (but not the whole arena)
Pick which arena type you'd like. Moving on to the fun part, here are the different arena types you can choose from:
- Normal: One layer of flammable and non-flammable floors. Use the regular rules.
- Difficulty Picker: Three layers of flammable and non-flammable floors. When you pick a layer, you picked a difficulty. Starting on the top layer is Easy Mode. Starting on the middle layer is Medium Mode. Starting on the bottom layer is Hard Mode. It gets easier as you go up layers because you have more layers to stand on.
- Under Burning: One layer of flammable and non-flammable floors. A person in the pit is the one burning the floor. If you have a huge arena, let anyone else who falls into the pit be able to burn the floor.
- Maze of Fire: One layer of flammable and non-flammable blocks with a maze built in. If you wanted to, you could make it where you must unlock parts of the maze by burning walls down.
- Switchy Switchy: One layer of flammable and non-flammable blocks in an alternating ring. EX: Outer ring: Wood, Middle ring: Stone, Center: Wood. This needs mods though as it is needed for the bonus effect. Every so often, an admin or something changes stone into wood, and wood into stone. This creates the effect of you having to make your opponents fall in the hole you made in the wood before the other wood, and the hole you made, turns into stone.
- Hardcore Flames: One layer of only flammable blocks. This ignores the fact that you need non-flammable blocks too. This creates the effect where, once someone has ignited the floor, the whole thing will burn down and it's a fight for trying to move away from the forming gap that will swallow you into the pit.
- Try to make something that makes the arena stand out, such as a theme, shape, and a way to motivate the players to win, such as the prize for a loser is falling into a pit of lava, or ever the void if possible.
- Make sure there are penalties for cheating, such as being teleported out of the arena with no reward or the altering of the rules to allow other players to kill the cheater.
- Make some sort of reward for winners. Like a free diamond or some redstone, maybe a tutorial or trip to the Nether? It's your choice! When making the Difficulty Picker version, make sure to have rewards for:
- Winner of Easy Mode
- Winner of Medium Mode
- Winner of Hard Mode
- Whoever didn't fall off the top layer if they chose easy
- Whoever didn't fall off the middle layer if they chose easy or medium.