How To Use Zoom - iPad Air
Learn how to use zoom on your iPad Air. Many apps let you zoom in or out on specific items.
For example, you can double-tap or pinch to expand webpage columns in Safari.
But, theres also a Zooms feature that lets you magnify the entire screen, no matter what youre doing. And, you can use it together with VoiceOver.
- Turn Zoom on or off.
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom. Or use the Accessibility Shortcutsee Accessibility Shortcut.
- Zoom in or out.
- Double-tap the screen with three fingers.
- Vary the magnification.
- With three fingers, tap and drag up or down.
- The tap-and-drag gesture is similar to a double-tap, except you dont lift your fingers on the second tapinstead, drag your fingers on the screen.
- Once you start dragging, you can drag with a single finger. iPad returns to the adjusted magnification when you zooms out and in again using the three-finger double-tap.
- Pan around the screen.
- While zoomed in, drag the screen with three fingers. Once you start dragging, you can continue with just one finger. Or, hold a single finger near the edge of the screen to pan to that side.
- Move your finger closer to the edge to pan more quickly. When you open a new screen, Zooms goes to the top-middle of the screen.
- While using Zooms with an Apple Wireless Keyboard, the screen image follows the insertion point, keeping it in the center of the display. See "Apple Wireless Keyboard"