How To Use WiFi Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro
Learn how to use WiFi Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro. The Wi-Fi settings menu allows you to set up many of your devices advanced Wi-Fi services.
- From a Home screen, touch Apps icon > Settings icon > Connections tab > Wi-Fi.
- Touch the OFF/ON button to turn Wi-Fi ON icon.
- Touch Menuicon > Advanced for options:
- Network notification: Receive a notification when new Wireless Access Points (WAPs) are available.
- Passpoint: Connect to passpoint-enabled Wi-Fi Access Points automatically. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn Passpoint ON icon. Touch Passpoint to see other available Passpoint-enabled Wi-Fi APs.
- Sort by: Sort Wi-Fi networks by Alphabet or Signal strength.
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Specify when to disconnect from Wi-Fi.
- Always allow scanning: Allow Google location service and other apps to scan for networks, even when Wi-Fi is turned off.
- Wi-Fi timer: Specify the Starting time and the Ending time for Wi-Fi to be automatically connected. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn Wi-Fi timer ON icon. Touch Wi-Fi Timer for options.
- Install certificates: Install authentication certificates.
- MAC address: View your devices MAC address, which is required when connecting to some secured networks (not configurable).
- IP address: View your devices IP address (not configurable).
- WPS push button: Set up a connection to a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) router or other equipment.
- WPS PIN entry: View the PIN used by your tablet to set up a PIN-secured connection to a Wi-Fi router or other equipment (not configurable).
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab Pros; including Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2