How To Use WiFi Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Learn how to use WiFi settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Your device supports Wi-Fi a/b/g/n. Use Wi-Fi settings to manage your devices Wi-Fi connections. For more information about using your devices Wi-Fi features, see WiFi.
Turning Wi-Fi On or Off
When you turn Wi-Fi service on, your device automatically searches for available, in-range Wireless Access Points (WAPs).
- From any screen, touch the top of the screen and swipe downward, to display the Quick Settings, and then touch WiFi in the Quick Settings menu.
- Touch Settings.
- On the Wi-Fi tab, touch the OFF / ON icon to turn Wi-Fi on or off icon.
Scan for Wi-Fi Networks
- To make sure you have an accurate list of Wi-Fi networks. Touch Settings icon > Wi-Fi, and then touch Scan.
Add Wi-Fi Network
To open a dialog where you can add a Wi-Fi network by entering its Network SSID (the name it broadcasts), security type, and other properties:
- Touch Settings icon > Wi-Fi, and then touch Add Wi-Finetwork.
- Use the keyboard to enter Network SSID.
- Touch the Security field and then touch a security type.
Note:Depending on the Security protocol used by the WAP, additional network information may be required, such as a Password.
- If necessary, touch Password and enter the password or hex key.
- Touch Connect.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.