How To Use WiFi Hotspot - Huawei Ascend G6
Learn how to use WiFi Hotspot on your Huawei Ascend G6. Your phone can also function as a Wi-Fi hotspot for other devices, sharing its mobile data connection.
- On the home screen, touch Settings then the All tab.
- Under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, touch More.
- Touch Tethering & portable hotspot > Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Name the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Select an encryption mode.
Note: It is recommended that you set the encryption mode to WPA2PSK to better secure the Wi-Fi network.
- Set the key to the Wi-Fi hotspot. When other devices want to access your phone's network, this key must be entered.
- Select the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot check box.
- On the device you want to use, search for and connect to your phone's Wi-Fi network.