How To Use WiFi Advanced Settings On Samsung Galaxy S4
Learn how to use the WiFi Advanced Settings on your Samsung Galaxy S4. The Advanced Wi-Fi menu allows you to set up many of your devices advanced Wi-Fi services.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Connections tab > Wi-Fi.
- Press Menu key > Advanced.
The following options are available:
- Network notification: alerts you when a new WAP is available.
- Passpoint: allows you to connect to passpoint-enabled Wi-Fi Access Points automatically. Touch and slide the slider to the right to turn it on.
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: allows you to specify when to disconnect from Wi-Fi.
- Check for Internet service: Checks if Wi-Fi internet service is available when connected to an AP (Access Point).
- Auto connect: allows you to be automatically connected to an Wi-Fi Hotspot as soon as your phone detects it.
- MAC address: view your devices MAC address, required when connecting to some secured networks (not configurable).
- IP address: view your devices IP address.