How To Use Security Settings On Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to use security settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Change settings for securing the device and the SIM or USIM card.
- On the Settings screen, tap Security.
- Device administrators: View device administrators installed on the device. You can allow device administrators to apply new policies to the device.
- Unknown sources: Set the device to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Verify apps: Set the device to check the apps for harmful content before installing them.
- Encrypt device: Set a password to encrypt data saved on the device. You must enter the password each time you turn on the device.
- Note: Encrypting data may take more than an hour. Before encrypting data, connect the charger to fully charge the battery and do not unplug it until data encryption is complete.
- Encrypt external SD card: Set the device to encrypt files on a memory card.
- Note: If you reset your device to the factory defaults with this setting enabled, the device will not be able to read your encrypted files. Disable this setting before resetting the device.
- Remote controls: Set the device to allow control of your lost or stolen device remotely via the Internet. To use this feature, you must sign in to your Samsung account.
- SIM change alert: Activate or deactivate the Find my mobile feature which helps locate the device when lost or stolen.
- Go to website: Access the Find my mobile website(findmymobile.samsung.com). You can track and control your lost or stolen device from the Find my mobile website.
- Reactivation lock: Set the device to require your Samsung account after the device has been reset to prevent others from reactivating the device.
- Set up SIM card lock: Change the SIM card lock settings.
- Make passwords visible: Set the device to display passwords as they are entered.
- Security policy updates: Set the device to check and download security updates.
- Send security reports: Set the device to automatically send the updated security reports to Samsung.
- Storage type: Set a storage type for credential files.
- Trusted credentials: Use certificates and credentials to ensure secure use of various apps.
- Install from device storage: Install encrypted certificates stored in the internal memory.
- Clear credentials: Erase the credential contents from the device and reset the password.
View help information to learn how to use the device and apps or configure important settings.
- On the Settings screen, tap Help.
Access device information, edit the device name, or update device software.
- On the Settings screen, tap About device.