How To Use Reminders - iPhone 5C
Learn how to customize reminders on your iPhone 5c. Reminder lets you keep track of all the things you need to do.
- Add a reminder. Tap a list, then tap a blank line. You can choose which of your Mail, Contacts, and Calendars accounts is used to save the reminder.
- Delete a list. While viewing a list, tap Edit, then tap Delete List.
- Change or delete a reminder. Swipe the reminder left, then tap Delete.
- Change the order of lists. Touch and hold the list name, then drag the list to a new location. To change the order of items in a list, tap Edit.
- What list was that in? Scroll to the top to see the search field. All lists are searched, by the reminder name. You can also use Siri to find reminder. For example, say Find the reminder about milk.
- Dont bother me now. You can turn off Reminder notifications in Settings > Notification Center.
- To silence them temporarily, turn on Do Not Disturb.
Scheduled reminder notify you when theyre due.
- See all scheduled reminders. Tap reminder icon to show the Scheduled list.
- Dont bother me now. You can turn off Reminder notifications in Settings > Notifications. To silence notifications temporarily, turn on Do Not Disturb.
- Be reminded when you arrive or leave a location. While editing a reminder, tap i icon , then turn on Remind me at a location. Tap Location, then choose a location from the list, or enter an address.
After you define a location, you can drag to change the size of the geofence on the map, which sets the approximate distance at which you want to be reminded. You cant save a location reminder in Outlook or Microsoft Exchange calendars.
- Add common locations to your address card. When you set a location reminder, locations in the list include addresses from your personal info card in Contacts. Add your work, home, and other favorite addresses to your card for easy access in Reminder.
- Set the tone played for notifications. Go to Settings > Sounds.
- Keep reminders up to date on your other devices. Go to Settings > iCloud and turn on Reminders. To keep up to date with Reminder on OS X, turn on iCloud on your Mac, too. Some other types of accounts, such as Exchange, also support Reminders. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and turn on Reminders for the accounts you want to use.
- Set a default list for new reminders. Go to Settings > Reminders.