How To Use Phonepad On Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Learn how to use phonepad to enter text on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. The Phonepad is similar to a standard 12-key telephone keypad. It gives you predictive text and multi-tap input options. You can activate the Phonepad text input method via the keyboard settings. The Phonepad is only available in portrait orientation.
- Choose a text input option. You can tap each character once and use word suggestions, or keep tapping the key until the desired character is selected.
- Delete a character before the cursor.
- Enter a carriage return or confirm text input.
- Enter a space.
- Display symbols and smileys.
- Display numbers.
- Change the character case and turn on the caps lock.
To open the Phonepad for the first time
- Tap a text entry field, and then tap 12!? icon.
- Tap Settings icon, then tap Keyboard settings.
- Tap Portrait Keyboard, then select the Phonepad option.
To enter text using the Phonepad
- When choose input function icon appears in the Phonepad, tap each character key only once, even if the letter you want is not the first letter on the key. Tap the word that appears or tap play icon to view more word suggestions and select a word from the list.
- When choose input function icon appears in the Phonepad, tap the on-screen key for the character you want to enter. Keep pressing this key until the desired character is selected. Then do the same for the next character you want to enter, and so on.
To enter numbers using the Phonepad
- When the Phonepad is open, tap 123 icon. A Phonepad with numbers appears.
To insert symbols and smileys using the Phonepad
- When the Phonepad is open, tap and Smiley icon. A grid with symbols and smileys appears.
- Scroll up or down to view more options. Tap a symbol or smiley to select it.