How To Use Nearby Devices On Samsung Galaxy S4
Learn how to use the Nearby devices on your Samsung Galaxy S4. This option allows you to share your media files with nearby devices using DLNA and connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Connections tab > Nearby devices.
- Tap the File sharing checkbox to create a checkmark and activate File sharing.
- Verify Nearby devices icon appears at the top of the screen.
- At the Nearby devices prompt, tap OK.
- Tap Shared contents, and then check the media you would like to share. Tap OK.
- Tap Allowed devices list, and then select the connected devices you would like to allow.
- Tap Not-allowed devices list, and then select the connected devices you would like to not allow.
- Tap Download to, and then select the destination of any downloaded (shared) content. Choose from Device or SD card.
- Tap Upload from other devices, and then select the actions youll take when you upload content from other devices. Choose from either Always accept, Always ask, or Always reject.