How To Use Messages – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Learn how to use messages on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Use this application to send text messages (SMS) or multimedia messages (MMS). Tap Messaging on the Applications screen. You may incur additional charges for sending or receiving messages while you are outside your home service area. For details, contact your service provider.
- Tap Edit message icon, add recipients, enter a message, and then tap Send message.
Use the following methods to add recipients:
- Enter a phone number.
- Tap Contacts , select contacts, and then tap Done.
Use the following methods to make a multimedia message:
- Tap Contacts icon and attach images, videos, contacts, memos, events, and others.
- Tap Menu icon > Add subject to enter a subject.
While composing a message, tap Menu key > Scheduled message. Set a time and date, and then tap OK. The device will send the message at the specified time and date.
- If the device is turned off at the scheduled time, is not connected to the network, or the network is unstable, the message will not be sent.
- This feature is based on the time and date set on the device. The time and date may be incorrect if you move across time zones and the network does not update the information.
Translating and sending messages
To use the translating feature, while composing a message, tap Menu key > Translate, drag the Translate switch to the right, set a language pair, and then tap OK.
- Tap Translate message icon to translate the message, and then tap Done. The translated message will replace the message of the source language.
Viewing incoming messages
- Incoming messages are grouped into message threads by contact. Select a contact to view the persons message.
Listening to a voice message
- Tap and hold 1 on the keypad, and then follow the instructions from your service provider.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.
This article will work on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3’s only using SIM cards(4G/LTE Models).