How To Use Latitude On Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Google Latitude allows you and your friends share locations and status messages with each other on Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It also lets you send instant messages and emails, make phone calls, and get directions to your friends locations.
Note: You must sign in to your Google account, enable Wi-Fi, and enable the Location feature before you can use this application.
Although you do not have to enable location services in order to use Latitude, it is recommended for best accuracy.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Latitude icon > Maps icon > Latitude icon to display your Latitude friends.
Note: For best results, it is recommended that you enable all of your location services.
- Tap You have not enabled Location reporting on this device to navigate to the Location settings menu where you can enable the Latitude location services.
- Tap Sharing currently disabled to be taken to the Location settings menu where you can enable Location sharing.
- Tap MAP VIEW to return to the main application.
How to share your location with Friends on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
From the map view, if not already displaying the Latitude icon at the top tight, tap the bottom-right arrow from Maps icon > Latitude icon to display your Latitude friends. At first, only your name is displayed.
- From the bottom of the Latitude map screen, tap FRIENDS LIST > Add friends icon.
- Tap Add friends icon.
- Tap Select from Contacts or Add via email address.
- Tap a contact or enter an email address, then tap Add friends.
- Tap Yes at the Send sharing requests prompt. Your friend will receive an email or text message with your location marked on a map. They will also receive instructions on how to view your location from the web or use Latitude on their phone or tablet provided it is available. Once they acknowledge your request, their location will display on your device. They can share their location from their computer, phone, or tablet. For more information, go to ttp://www.google.com/latitude.
- To view the map, tap MAP VIEW.
Latitude Options on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- From the Latitude MAP VIEW (Latitude icon is shown in the upper-left) display, select either:
- FRIENDS LIST: allows you to access and edit your current Freinds list.
- From the Latitude map, press Menu key and select one of the following:
- Clear Map: allows you to remove all markings and layers from the map
- Make available offline: allows you to use the application even while offline.
- Search: allows you to search for a place of interest.
- Directions: displays navigation directions to a location from a starting point.
- Layers: allows you to switch map views:
- Traffic: (available only in selected areas) Real-time traffic conditions are displayed over roads as color-coded lines. Each color represents how fast the traffic is moving.
- Satellite: Maps uses the same satellite data as Google Earth. Satellite images are not real-time. Google Earth acquires the best imagery available, most of which is approximately one to three years old.
- Terrain: combines a topographical view of the areas terrain with the current map location.
- Transit Lines: displays the overlapping transit lines on your map.
- Latitude: allows you to see your friend's locations and share your location with them.
- My Maps: displays a list of your preferred maps.
- Bicycling: displays the overlapping cycling trails on your map.
- Wikipedia: displays any Wikipedia markers and info on your map.
- Settings: allows you to select the following additional options:
- Display: allows you to enable/disable the Zoom Buttons, Scale Bar, and configure Bubble actions.
- Offline and cache: allows you to set options to pre-fetch map tiles when not using Wi-Fi and to clear the cache that holds the map tiles. Choose from: Automatic caching and Clear all map titles.
- Location settings: lets you access and configure the location settings.
- Labs: this is a testing ground for experimental features that arent ready for primetime. They may change, break, or disappear at any time. Click on a Lab to enable or disable it.
- Whats New: provides access to the Play Store from where you can update the application manually.
- About: displays general information about Google maps such as Version, Platform, Locale, Total data sent, Total data received, Free memory, etc.
- Feedback: allows you to provide application feedback.
- Help: provides help information.