How To Use Gestures – Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Learn how to use gestures on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. By activating the various gesture features within the Motion Settings menu, you can access a variety of time saving functions.
To activate motion:
- From the Home screen, press and then tap Settings > Controls > Motions.
- Tap the ON/OFF icon located at the top of the screen to activate motions.
- Tap the ON/OFF icon located to the right of each motion option to activate it.
Note: Excessive shaking or impact to the device may cause unintended results.
The following is a description of the available gestures:
- Direct call: Once enabled, the device will dial the currently displayed on-screen Contact entry as soon as you place the device to your ear.
- Smart alert: Once enabled, pickup the device to be alerted and notified of you have missed any calls or messages.
- Zoom: Once enabled, you must be on a screen where content can be zoomed. In a single motion, touch and hold two points on the display then tilt the tilt the device back and forth to zoom in or out.
- Browse an image: Once enabled, touch and hold a desired onscreen image to pan around it. Move the device left or right to pan horizontally or up and down to pan vertically around the large on-screen image.
- Mute/pause: Once enabled, mute incoming calls and any playing sounds by turning the device display down on a surface. This is the opposite of the Pickup to be Notified Gesture.