How To Use Data Roaming - Nokia Lumia 630
Learn how to use data roaming on your Nokia Lumia 630. Want to save on your phone bills? You can cut data roaming costs by changing mobile data settings. Data roaming means using your phone to receive data over networks that your network service provider doesn't own or operate.
- Connecting to the internet when roaming, especially when abroad, can raise data costs substantially. Your network service provider can charge you a fixed fee for data transfer or on a pay-as-you-use basis. To use the optimal connection method, change the Wi-Fi, mobile data, and mail download settings.
- Using a Wi-Fi connection is generally faster and less expensive than using a mobile data connection. If both Wi-Fi and mobile data connections are available, your phone uses the Wi-Fi connection.
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap WiFi icon.
- Make sure Wi-Fi networking is switched to On icon.
- Select the connection you want to use.
Close a mobile data connection
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap ALL SETTINGS > cellular+SIM, and switch Data connection to off icon.
Note: You can also follow your data usage with the data sense app.
Stop data roaming
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap ALL SETTINGS > cellular+SIM, and switch Data roaming options to don't roam.
Note: To save on data costs when traveling, save new maps to your phone before your journey, and browse the maps offline. If youre running low on space, you can remove some maps from your phone.
Download mail less frequently
- In every mailbox you have, tap . . . > settings > sync settings, and select how often to sync.