How To Update Software On Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to update software on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The device can be updated to the latest software.
Updating over the air
The device can be directly updated to the latest software by the firmware over-the-air (FOTA) service.
- On the All apps screen, tap Settings > About deivce > Software updates > Updates now.
Note: Tick Auto update to automatically check for available updates. To download updates only when a Wi-Fi connection is activated, tick Wi-Fi only.
Updating with Samsung Kies
Connect the device to a computer and update the device to the latest software.
- On the computer, download the latest version of Samsung Kies from the Samsung website.
- On the computer, launch Samsung Kies and connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the device.
- Do not turn off the computer or disconnect the USB cable while the device is upgrading.
- While updating the device, do not connect other media devices to the computer. Doing so may interfere with the update process. Before upgrading, disconnect all other media devices from the computer.