How To Update Software - Nokia Lumia 720
Learn how to update software on your Nokia Lumia 720. Take care of your phone and its contents. Learn how to connect to accessories and networks, transfer files, create backups, lock your phone, and keep the software up to date.
Keep your phone up to date
Stay in step with the beat update your phone software and apps to get new and enhanced features for your phone. Updating the software may also improve your phone performance.
Note: If you install a software update, you cannot use the device, even to make emergency calls, until the installation is completed and the device is restarted.
- Make sure that the device battery has enough power, or connect the charger before starting the update.
- After the update, go to www.nokia.com/support to get your new user guide.
Update your phone software
- No computer needed update your phone software wirelessly for new features and improved performance.
- Before starting the update, make sure your phone has enough battery power.
- Using services or downloading content may cause the transfer of large amounts of data, which may result in data costs.
By default, your phone automatically downloads available updates whenever the data connection settings, for example roaming, allow it. When your phone notifies you that an update is available, just follow the instructions shown on your phone.
Note: Check Store for app updates.
Switch off automatic update downloading
If you want to keep tight control of your data costs while roaming, you can switch off automatic update downloading. On the start screen, swipe left, and clear Settings > phone update > Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it.